Electrical Engineer I
Ombra is hiring. We’re looking for people with proven expertise in technology and a genuine enthusiasm for innovation. The Electrical Engineer assists in the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. The Electrical Engineer is also responsible for exploring potential funding opportunities within the Department of Defense (DoD), developing novel system concepts, and writing innovative proposals. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
We are a leading technology and professional services firm that works primarily with the US Department of Defense.
Our team has several US military veterans working tirelessly to solve the technology challenges of the DOD effectively, efficiently, and reliably. Since 2018, Ombra has worked on technology projects for the DOD, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Special Operations Forces. As a premium solution provider, we strive to deliver technical solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Ombra is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters in Tampa, Florida, as well as offices in Potsdam, New York.
Ombra founder and president, Michael Fieldson, has over 19 years of experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF) as a mechanical engineer, technology developer and program manager. The broader Ombra team includes professionals from a range of engineering disciplines (including software, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering) who often work together to solve technology challenges.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop plans for new designs and products
- Work closely with senior technical staff, interns, and administrative staff to formulate system designs, write grant proposals, and meet submission deadlines
- Assist in the development of cost estimates, as well as the monitoring of budgetary obligations
- Coordinate with subcontractors as needed
- Lead development efforts, forming and directing a team to meet contract delivery requirements
- Schedule appropriate meetings with the development team to ensure all tasks are on schedule and provide assistance as needed
- Ensure that Electrical Engineering efforts are aligned with companywide efforts
- Meet customer needs, offer options, resolve problems, and follow up with customers
- Act as a product subject matter expert for customers
- Travel to customer locations, conferences, and testing events as needed
- Assist with multidisciplinary proposals and projects as needed
- Must be US citizen and eligible for a security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is required with some related engineering experiencepreferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate technical contentto audiences with both technical and non-technical backgrounds
- Ability to compose standard reports with proper format, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, and Outlook
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment with the willingness to assist senior staff
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Desire and ability to develop innovative solutions to complex systems across a broad range ofelectrical engineering and other disciplines
- Experience with digital signal processing (DSP), analog/digital circuit design, field programable gatearrays (FPGA), wave form development and radio frequency (RF) systems desired
- Experience with robotic systems and controls also desired
- Ability to identify and utilize appropriate design and simulation software tools as necessary
- Basic experience with Python programming required (familiarity with C/C++, VHDL, and Java is a plus)
- Familiar with quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) procedures
- Position may require irregular working hours
- Must be available to work the following schedule: MON – FRI, 8:30AM – 5PM
Want to join an intelligent and vibrant team that helps solve the technical challenges of the DoD? Send your resume to Ombra today. We are always looking for smart people to add to our growing team.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Eleven days of paid holidays
- Safe Harbor 401(k)
- Profit sharing
Ombra is an equal opportunity employer – Ombra does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields