Ombra is hiring. We are looking for people with proven expertise in technology and a genuine enthusiasm for innovation. We seek an energetic professional interested in helping our business grow through value-based conversation and remarkable customer experience.
If you are a motivated initiative-taker who thrives in a fast- paced environment, then this is our opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
We are a leading technology and professional services firm that works primarily with the US Department of Defense.
Our team has several US military veterans to solve the technology challenges of the DOD effectively, efficiently, and reliably. Since 2018, Ombra has worked on technology projects for the DOD including for the Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force, Special Operations Forces and more.
Ombra founder and president, Michael Fieldson, has over 19 years of experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF) as a mechanical engineer, technology developer and program manager. The broader Ombra team includes professionals from a range of engineering disciplines (including software, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering) who often work together to solve technology challenges.
As a premium solution provider, we stive to deliver technical solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Ombra is a Service-Disabled veteran Owed Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters in Tampa, Florida, as well as offices in Potsdam, New York.
As an IT Specialist at Ombra, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and enhancing our technology systems to ensure they meet the evolving needs of our engineering projects. You will work closely with our engineering and administrave teams to provide technical support, manage IT resources, and develop strategies for improving efficiency and security. This posion offers an excellent opportunity for a movated IT professional to make a significant impact in a small but dynamic company.
- Manage and maintain the company’s IT infrastructure, including hardware and software.
- Provide technical support to employees, troubleshooting and resolving IT issues in a timely manner.
- Implement and enforce IT security policies and practices to protect company data.
- Research and recommend new technologies and solutions to enhance productivity and efficiency.
- Collaborate with external IT service providers when necessary.
- Assist in setting up and configuring new workstations and software.
- Maintain an inventory of IT assets and track software licenses.
- Develop and update IT documentation for end-users and internal reference.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices to ensure the company’s IT environment is cutting-edge.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or a related field (preferred).
- Experience as an IT Specialist or in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of IT systems, software, and network infrastructure.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail.
- Strong operational knowledge of IOS, Android, and Windows devices
- Strong knowledge of common Microsoft services including Outlook, SharePoint, Azure, OneDrive, and Teams.
- IT/cybersecurity certifications (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional) are a plus.
At Ombra, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If your Experience does not align perfectly; we encourage you to apply anyway. At times, we will consider transferable skills from previous roles. We also encourage you to join our Talent Network to stay connected to additional career opportunities.
Want to join an intelligent and vibrant team that helps solve the technical challenges of the DoD? Send Your resume to Ombra today.
We are always looking for smart people to add to our growing team.
Ombra is an equal opportunity employer.
We offer competitive salaries and the following benefits:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Eleven days of paid holidays
- Safe Harbor 401(k)
- Profit sharing
Ombra is an equal opportunity employer – Ombra does not discriminate in employment bases on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields