Ombra is hiring. We’re looking for people with proven expertise in technology and a genuine enthusiasm for innovation. The Electrical Engineer assists in the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. The Electrical Engineer is also responsible for exploring potential funding opportunities within the Department of Defense (DoD), developing novel system concepts, and writing innovative proposals. If you are a motivated self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment, then this is your opportunity for a rewarding career with excellent income and growth potential.
We are a leading technology and professional services firm that works primarily with the US Department of Defense.
Our team has several US military veterans working tirelessly to solve the technology challenges of the DOD effectively, efficiently, and reliably. Since 2018, Ombra has worked on technology projects for the DOD, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Special Operations Forces. As a premium solution provider, we strive to deliver technical solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Ombra is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters in Tampa, Florida, as well as offices in Potsdam, New York.
Ombra founder and president, Michael Fieldson, has over 19 years of experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF) as a mechanical engineer, technology developer and program manager. The broader Ombra team includes professionals from a range of engineering disciplines (including software, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering) who often work together to solve technology challenges.
As the Technical Writer, you will ensure technical documentation is accurate, complete, meets editorial and government specifications, and adheres to standards for quality, graphics, coverage, format and style. Assist in establishing style guidelines and standards for texts and illustrations. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of scientific and technical information, documentation content, and requirements.
- Work with internal teams to obtain documentation requirements.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- With minimal guidance, the technical writer develops diagrams, charts, graphs that increase the user’s understanding.
- Standardizes content across document and briefing libraries.
- Develops high-quality documentation with minimal guidance that is easy-to-understand, easy to use, meets applicable standards, and meets the objectives and goals for the intended audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- Five plus (5+) years relevant professional experience.
- Expertise with editing and formatting Microsoft Word, Microsoft Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat Portable Document Format (PDF) documents.
- Preferred experience in the generation of Systems Engineering Plans, Program Security Plans, Configuration Management Plans, Test and Evaluation Strategies, Statements of Work, System Requirements Documents, Interface Control Documents, Standard Operating Procedures, White Papers, and Memoranda.
- Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
Want to join an intelligent and vibrant team that helps solve the technical challenges of the DoD? Send your resume to Ombra today. We are always looking for intelligent people to add to our growing team.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits packages including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid time off
- Eleven days of paid holidays
- Safe Harbor 401(k)
- Profit sharing
Ombra is an equal opportunity employer – Ombra does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields