Ombra is looking for interns to take part of the Engineering Internship Program! We’re looking for students who are enthusiastic about a variety of engineering fields and about technical innovation. An engineering intern would focus on supporting active contracts, projects, and efforts of the company through supporting documents, technical writing, research, and some technical work as it is available and an intern is proven able. Engineering Interns also have the opportunity for research projects relating to Ombra’s capabilities and their personal ideas if they align with opportunities of the Department of Defense and similar agencies which offer funding. If you are a student with at least year or more left of university in the fields of Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Industrial, or Computer Engineering, then this is your opportunity for a valuable experience with an interesting day to day and a rewarding chance for personal and professional growth.
We are a leading technology and professional services firm that works primarily with the US Department of Defense.
Our team has several US military veterans working tirelessly to solve the technology challenges of the DOD effectively, efficiently and reliably. Since 2018, Ombra has worked on technology projects for the DOD, including the Army, Navy, Air Force, Space Force and Special Operations Forces. As a premium solution provider, we strive to deliver technical solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations. Ombra is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) with headquarters in Tampa, Florida, as well as offices in Potsdam, New York
Ombra founder and president, Michael Fieldson, has over 19 years of experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF) as a mechanical engineer, technology developer and program manager. The broader Ombra team includes professionals from a range of engineering disciplines (including software, mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering) who often work together to solve technology challenges.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Fulfill tasks set out by supervisors including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, tests, integration, and systems engineering.
- Adapt to a variety of fields of engineering and inter-connected projects to effectively contribute to all efforts.
- Technical writing efforts in personal project development, potential future projects following Ombra capabilities, monthly/ final report documentation, and project update/planning documentation.
- Activities such as data analysis, analysis methodology improvement projects, software improvement designs, trade studies, design for manufacturer studies, creating or modifying innovative technical ideas/designs, and general studies into technology
- Project specific research for both active projects and development and potential technical projects in line with Ombra capabilities and technology areas.
- Developing, preparing, or reviewing designs and documentation in any number of Microsoft Suite applications.
- Must be US Citizen due to contractual requirements
- Must be pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical engineering
- Must have at least a year (or more) of school left, or must be willing to work a minimum of 12 months as an intern before being considered for full-time positions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented, and good work ethic
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Excellent Technical Writing ability
- Flexibility in balancing work and school duties
- Must commit to working between 15-20 hours a week, with at least majority those hours in-office
- In-person hours should occur between working office hours: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM – 5PM
Want to join an intelligent and vibrant team that helps solve the technical challenges of the DoD? Send your resume to Ombra today. We are always looking for smart people to add to our growing team.
We offer flexible scheduling to balance work and school expectations, as well as a competitive hourly rate for interns on the team.
Ombra is an equal opportunity employer – Ombra does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Apply for this job
"*" indicates required fields